I have an 11 year old son that is impossible to buy things for. So these past few weeks have not been fun, trying to force him to find something that Santa can bring him. I’m so glad that he feels like he has everything he needs, but come on, there has to be something! It’s not like I’m going to buy him nothing and have him sit there and watch all the other kids open their gifts, right?
All he wanted were magnets. That’s all. I’m not kidding. Which is fine, but he needed more. Everything needs to be equal in our home, so I went on the search for something that he would like.
He had just started a coding class that is held on Saturdays at his school. What 11 year old boy want’s to go to school on a Saturday? That’s weird, right? So I knew that he thought coding was fun, so I searched for coding toys and we found a few. But as I did a little bit of research, we chose Dash. I asked MakeWonder.com if they wanted to work together and I was so happy when they agreed.
Why coding? Did you know that coding is a highly sought after job skill? The ability to code will be expected of nearly everyone in the near future. It’s just like learning a language, and when you learn new languages when you are young you have a headstart.
Why did we choose Dash? Well let me tell you . . .
1. Dash and Dot are real robots that teach your kids to code. They don’t even know they are learning as they play! You use their free apps on a compatible tablet or smartphone.
2. There are sensors on the robot that help them react to the environment around them. They will react to your kids.
3. The kids can make Dash sing, dance and navigate around the house.
4. Dash won Good Housekeeping’s Toy of the Year award, and was Melinda & Bill Gates’ favorite STEM gift for kids. Not bad for a fun robot.
5. 8,500 schools choose to use Dash to teach the kids coding.
6. My kids will never get bored with Dash. They present my kids with hundrends of projects, challenges, and puzzles. Not to mention free play with the apps.
7. Dash offers a lot of fun accessories that he can use and play with. You can make Dash into a projectile-launching machine or the kids can add a cool structure on him with the Lego compatible brick connectors.
8. Dash is equipped with sophisticated technology that your kids will love to learn about. Do you have that kid that likes to take everything apart to see how it works? Well this chart is for you then. Now they don’t have to destroy it to find out!
Do you have a child that would love Dash under the tree this Christmas or as a birthday present later on? Be sure to check out all the awesomeness at MakeWonder.com!