I NEVER have my ironing board out. Seriously! I don’t have time to stand in one place for that long. If I did, all the rooms in my house would be torn apart by my children before I knew what hit me! So, this is what I do so I don’t need to iron…
1. Make the loads in my washer smaller. The smaller the load, the more room the dryer has to space them out and dry them strait.
2. Shake out the clothing and “fold” the long pants BEFORE I put them in the dryer. This way, when they are tumbling around, the wrinkles won’t stay.
3. Use the wrinkle shield setting on your dryer. It keeps the clothes tumbling until they have cooled off so the wrinkles won’t set. If you don’t have a wrinkle shield setting on your dryer, set the dryer to cool down and run for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the clothing from the dryer right as it is finished! Letting the clothes sit in the dryer in a heap makes MORE WRINKLES! If you didn’t catch it and the clothes have been sitting there for a while, run the permanent press cycle on the dryer before taking the clothes out. This should straighten them out again.
5. Hang all your shirts! You don’t want folding lines do you?
6. If there are any wrinkles, (like the long ones I HATE on jeans) put the clothes on and lightly mist with a water spray bottle (we use them for doing hair), then smooth the wrinkles with your hands! It really works!
I hope I just saved you ton’s of time!