Ever since I saw these on the Bakerella site, I had to make them! Not to mention, they make your house smell sooooo good! Here is the original recipe which I used from Bakerella’s site.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used one 14 X 20 and was able to get all 20 cookies on one sheet. Place about 3 inches apart and they won’t bake into each other.)
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar on medium for about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a small 1 1/4 inch ice-cream scoop to form balls. Release in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and roll until covered. When coated, you can shape them in a nice round ball and place on the baking sheet. (reserve any leftover cinnamon sugar to top the cupcakes)
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies begin to crack. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make scrumptious snickerdoodles!
Here are my all time favorite storage containers for sugar and flour! The one on the top is for my sugar, purchased through Tupperware! They close tight and keep things fresh. I have all the different sizes for all sorts of things like hot chocolate mix, homemade pancake mix etc. The 5 gallon bucket under the sugar holds my flour. It’s only about $1 or $2 for the bucket and $5 for the screw on lid at Wal-Mart. I use these to hold those huge bags of flour and rice!
This little (very cheap) plastic shalt shaker (found at Wal-Mart) is what I use for my cinnamon sugar so my kids don’t make a huge mess while making cinnamon toast! In this recipe though, you will need to put the cinnamon sugar in a bowl so you can roll the dough around in it.
My little Bosch Compact is my best friend while making cookies, and you HAVE to have one of the scoopers from Pampered Chef to scoop out perfectly shaped cookies!
Once you have scooped out a ball of dough, roll it in a mixture of cinnamon sugar.
There you go, the perfect Snickerdoodle!