1. No distracting patterns. No large wording or logo’s on shirts. Solid colors matched with a pop of color.
2. NO matchy matchy! Dress everyone differently, but with coordinating colors.
3. Mom’s, use more natural makeup. Not too dark. Not out of the ordinary. We want you to look like YOU! 🙂
4. Bring chapstick for the boys, and lip gloss for the girls.
5. Make sure the shoes are coordinating too. Yes, we will see them in many pictures, and NO I can not edit them to be a different color. Ha Ha!
6. Layer your clothing. Jackets, scarves, jewelry etc.
7. Have fun! If you don’t have $ to spend on new outfits for everyone, you can always ask that neighbor who dresses her kids to the 9’s if you can borrow some clothes from her 😉
I scoured the internet for ideas for my own family, and here is what I came up with…
Red’s blues cream and brown, who’d of thought!?~
Green’s cream black and blues…
I love how the little girl’s shirt brings all the colors together in this one…
There’s just something about yellow and gray with a little bit of turquoise thrown in..
And if your background is full of the beautiful colors of the Autumn leaves, muted tones are best!
I love the Autumn colors in this combo…
Gray with a pop of red!
Have fun and don’t stress too much! Keep the focus on the faces and make sure everyone is happy, not perfect~
Happy Portrait Season Everyone!