I haven’t been to Disneyland for many many years. Sad to say since I have 5 kids. But we just can’t afford a trip to a place like that. I am sad to say that I have never had the Dole Whip while I was there either, because I am a cheap skate and like to save my money 😉
Things at Disneyland are ridiculously over priced. I know even the most die hard Disneylanders will agree with me there. So even if I were at Disneyland, I’d bring my ice cream maker with me, go back to the hotel for a break and make this version of Dole Whip. Ha Ha!
I’d say this version is probably much better for you than the stuff at Disneyland. I’m sure the stuff at Disneyland has WAY more sugar and preservatives. You can even use it as a part of your Clean Eating diet. AND you can use an ice cream maker to make your life easier.
So on with the recipe!
Dole Whip Homemade Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe:
*Please feel free to share this recipe by linking back to this web site. DO NOT copy and paste the recipe somewhere else. Thanks!
- 4 cans 20 oz. each Pineapple (chunks or crushed depending on how good of a blender you have)
- 3 cups Milk (I prefer vitamin D milk)
- 3 cups Whipping Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ice and rock salt for your ice cream maker
1. Drain the pineapple almost completely. I just pop the lid and hold the can upside down and reserve the juice for drinking. What ever juice is left in the can after that is fine to add in with the ice cream.
2. Blend the pineapple until VERY smooth and airy.
3. Add all the ingredients to the can of an ice cream maker including the pineapple and mix with a spoon.
4. Following your ice cream makers instructions, blend in your ice cream maker for about an hour until a soft serve consistency. You can then serve as soft serve or freeze longer to scoop (as shown in my pictures).
5. For a coconut water float, scoop into a float cup and pour Coconut Wave pop over the top. I find this drink at Wal-Mart.
**If you do not have an ice cream maker, follow these directions:
1. After step 2 above, add the sugar and lemon or lime juice to a freezer bag and freeze.
2. Once it’s a slushy consistency, mix together with the milk and cream, add back to freezer bags and freeze again. Remove from freezer, mix up again and serve as a slushy or soft serve.