Pot pies are one of my favorite meals on a cold Autumn or winter night. But they require a lot of work if you are going to make the pie crust from scratch and lets face it, it’s only worth eating if it’s homemade. That’s why this soup is perfect for a busy Autumn school day. Throw everything in the crockpot and head out the door running kids to and fro. Come home and your house smells heavenly! This is such a simple recipe too!
Only 5 ingredients and your done.
It’s called Chicken Pot Pie soup because it tastes just like the inside of a chicken pot pie. Serve with these easy yummy Cheese Biscuits, and you have a makeshift pot pie.
All you need:
Bubbling in the crockpot
I served mine with some freshly chopped parsley
Add a cheese biscuit and I’m in heaven!
5-Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook time: Low 6-8 Hours- High 3-4 Hours plus 30 minutes for noodles
Makes: 6-8 main-dish servings (10 cups)
- 2- 10 1/2 oz. cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 5 cups water
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 9 or 10 oz. bag frozen mixed veggies
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
1. Place soup and water in crockpot. Whisk until smooth. Add the frozen veggies and chicken breasts. *Do not add noodles until step 3.
2. Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving: If using low setting, turn up to high and stir in uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove chicken and chop, return to soup. Garnish with fresh parsley.
260 Calories, 12 g fat, 21 carbs, 3 g fiber, 19 g protien
**If you like this recipe and want to share it, please just link to the recipe, DO NOT copy and paste the whole recipe. Thanks!
[…] Chicken pot pie is a favorite at our house, I’m thinking this soup would be a […]
[…] like these recipes: Be sure to click on the link then pin them from there for future reference. 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Cheddar and Herb Biscuits Grilled Hawaiian Chicken with Coconut Rice Grandma Pat’s Crock […]