SO yummy and so easy! You guys have to make these soon. I guess I’m behind the times because I NEVER eat at Red Lobster, but I have been told that these are a Copy Cat to the ones they serve there. I’m not a seafood lover. Go ahead and hate.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening (I used only butter)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (I used my mexican blend cause that’s all I had and they were great!)
For the topping
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley (I used fresh Italian Parsley)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Lightly mix in grated cheese. Mix in buttermilk just until moist. Do not over mix. They will be tough if you do.
- Drop the biscuits onto a greased or lined baking sheet using a cookie scooper. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until browned and golden.
- While the biscuits are baking, in a small bowl combine three tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Right when the biscuits come out of the oven, dip the top of the biscuits in the butter mixture. Serve immediately.
I use a cookie scooper to drop my biscuits onto parchment paper . . .
This is what they look like after they are cooked . . .
Here is the butter mixture . . .
After they are dipped and a little bit more parsley on top . . .
Serve with your favorite soup . . .