Lettuce wraps are one of those foods that you can eat a lot of and not feel guilty. They are so good for you and have a really low carb count so they are diet friendly food. Also if you are eating clean, these are for you too! When I visit P.F. Changs, I order them as my meal. My kids also really love these lettuce wraps. My husband kept telling me I was making too much, and I kept saying, just wait, you’ll see how fast this will get eaten. And I was right. The whole huge pan was gone in about 10 minutes. I tripled this recipe for my family because there are 7 of us. So this recipe will probably feed maybe 4 if you’re not too hungry, or 2 if you are really hungry.
Easy Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound diced chicken breast or ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons garlic from a jar
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger or powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or none if you family doesn’t like spicy
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion and garlic and cook until chicken is browned, about 3-5 minutes drain excess liquid. In a separate bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha. Add the sauce to the pan with the water chestnuts and green onions and cook until tender, about 1-2 minutes. To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and fold it like a taco. Enjoy!