“This post was sponsored by Duracell as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.”
You guys! Can you believe that I’m am already writing a Christmas post? It’s just the beginning of October. Am I crazy? NO! I’m brilliant. And I’ll tell you why.
I try and get all my Christmas shopping done before the end of October.
Yes, you heard me right. I know a lot of you do this also so that you can have a stress free holiday. It’s the smartest thing I’ve ever done. If I wait too much longer, things get crazy and then I can’t enjoy the beautiful Christmas season. So today I’m going to share with you my process for making my kids shopping lists digitally.
I love this method because I can have their lists with me wherever I go, even if I don’t have my phone, I can use my friends. Do you know why? Because I use Pinterest’s secret boards. I can log into Pinterest from anywhere and from any device.
The only problem I run into is my kids not narrowing down what they want for Christmas. I start asking them at the beginning of September so they can think about it. I know a lot of you don’t even have your kids write lists, you like to surprise them. But I like lists. And I like making sure that they are getting something they really want, so that money doesn’t go to waste.
I try to follow the “4 Things Rule”. They get 1. Something they want. 2. Something they need. 3. Something to wear and 4. Something to read. So it’s really hard for them to choose that ONE thing they want.
If they need a little help, we take a trip to Toys “R” Us. And here is where the digitizing begins. If they find something the love, I snap a picture of them with that item on my phone. They put the item back and we continue shopping. It’s heavenly to hear silence when they put that toy back on the shelf without a fight. They know that I have a picture of it, and I won’t forget.
Here are the steps to creating a Digital Christmas Wish List for your Kids:
- Head to Toys “R” Us and have the kids walk down the isles and choose toys they think they’d like.
- Take a separate picture of them holding the toys they like. One picture for each toy.
- Go home and sit down with your child and research the toys they think they might like. Deleting pictures of toys that they decide against.
- Create a separate secret Pinterest board for each child in the family.
- The toys that they do like, you can upload to a secret Pinterest Board right from your phone. Watch the video below for more information on how to do that.
- Now look online for sales and coupons for those specific toys and pin them to the same pin board, or just purchase them right away.
- If you have teenagers, this works equally as well. Usually they are shopping online and you can have them add their own things right into their own pinterest board. Have them weed out the things they don’t want or need as they go.
- Now you have your own digital wish lists for each child and the ones your teenager added to their board you can just click right through to the website and purchase it. Simple!
Sometimes finding the right gift for your kids can be hard. That’s why I test out a lot of toys close to the holidays as a blogger. And I think have found the perfect gift for most any age and any gender. My kids and I have the opportunity to test out a bunch of toys before Christmas so I can steer you in the direction of toys your family will absolutely love. This year so far we have been able to test out the most fun toy we have ever had. You heard me right. The WHOLE family loves this toy.
I even caught my 17 year old son and 15 year old daughter playing with it. It’s called WowWee CHiP.
Toys “R” Us, Duracell and WowWee are partnering to power imagination and this dog will truly spark your child’s imagination. I’m not kidding. I am amazed at what this dog can do. He can sit, lay down, do yoga, dance, play fetch, follow you around the house, navigate around obstacles, speak, and even recharge himself.
Yes, you heard me right. When his batteries are dying, he finds his way back to his charging station and sits right down on the charger.
This is truly the toy of the future. This would be such a great gift for the whole family. If you live in a place where you can’t have pets, or your child is allergic to dogs, this is such a great alternative. He is the cutest little thing.
Here are a few videos I’ve taken of CHiP so you can see just how fun my kids have with him.
The ball that he fetches is magnetic and has sensors on it so CHiP can find it. It runs on batteries so I made sure to get out my Duracell Batteries for this one. I know I can always rely on Duracell to last longer than any other battery and give my kids hours of play with CHiP.
CHiP is incredible. Here are some of the amazing ways CHiP functions:
- Beacon Sense: BeaconSense gives WowWee products situational awareness, which means that they can sense their surroundings and know where they are in relation to them.
- GestureSense: GestureSense allows your WowWee robot to respond to gesture-based interactions like swipes, claps, touch and more.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: BLE allows your WowWee product to seamlessly connect to and interact with your smart devices.
- Infared Vision: Advanced IR vision processing enables your WowWee robot to “see” and interact with its surroundings.
- Free app provides control and/or enhanced gameplay on your smart device.
- Mechanum Wheels: Special wheel design facilitates speedy, omni-directional movement across different floor surfaces.
- Touch Sensors: Your touch is “felt” using capacitive sensor technology.
- Accelerometers & gyroscopes measure g-force and orientation, helping your WowWee robot sense when it is being picked up.
- Speech recognition technology allows your robot pal to respond to its name and a list of commands
Our kids are growing up is such a different world than we did. They fill their free time with options nothing like the basic games that we grew up with. The games and toys available to our kids today take their imaginations to the next level. This toy is the toy of the future! Duracell batteries are always there to power imaginative play.
I love the fact that I can grab these batteries while shopping at Toys “R” Us. There is nothing worse than coming home with the perfect toy and your child opening in on Christmas and there are no batteries to power it. Actually, batteries are one of the first things I purchase around Christmas time.
Toys”R”Us Website: http://www.toysrus.com/
WowWee CHiP website: http://wowwee.com/chip
[…] we are there we can see the toy’s they are eyeing for themselves and take a few pictures (read this article about why we take […]