“Let’s Flamingle” is a fun new tradition to start in your neighborhood during quarantine or social distancing to help lift each other’s spirits and let your neighbors know that you are thinking of them and missing them during this covid-19 corona virus outbreak.
This post contains affiliate links. Please ready my disclosure policy for more information.
Social distancing has really played a number on our social lives. I don’t know about you but I really miss my friends, extended family, and neighbors.
The other day I was talking with my sister-in-law from California and she told me about a cute thing they started in their neighborhood with those cheap plastic flamingo yard decorations. I thought it was the cutest idea and asked if I could copy her.
I made up a poem and created a cute printable and we ordered two plastic flamingos from Amazon and we were ready to get the party started!
We bought these flamingos from Amazon for $12.99 each. I feel like they are the right size for the job.
Next, I headed over to Canva and created these cute flyers to go with the flamingos. I made one to laminate and tie around the flamingo’s neck and one for the neighbors to copy and place in their window so everyone knows who already got “flamingled”.
You can get these FREE printables by entering your email address below and I’ll email you a link so you can download them for your neighborhood.
How to download and print the “Let’s Flamingle” printables:
- Enter your email in the form above.
2. Go to your email and open the email from me.
3. Click the download button and download the document making sure to save it in a place where you can remember.
4. Open the image and print it on card stock.
5. Cut out the “Let’s Flamingle” paper and laminate it.
6. Punch a hold in the upper right hand corner then tie it to the flamingo’s neck.
7. Place the flamingo in your neighbor’s yard (without them seeing you) and tape the “We’ve been flamingled” on their door.
8. Drive around the neighborhood every day to see where your flamingo has traveled to.
I hope you are happy, healthy, and safe during self quarantine. If you have any fun ideas that you have done with your friends, family or neighborhood, please leave them in the comments for others to read so we can all share the love!
Get the free printables by entering your email below.
Here are a few more ideas to help you through social distancing and the COVID-19 outbreak:
7 Backyard Ideas for Kids to Celebrate Earth Day. (And spend more time outside during social distancing)
Meatball Pasta Dump Casserole, an easy recipe for a busy day.