Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and Sausage Stew
What you’ll need:
-1 pound Italian sausage
-2 cans – 14 oz. petite diced tomatoes
-2 cans- 14.5 oz. beef broth
-1 can – 15.5 oz. black beans drained and rinsed
-1 – 19 oz. bag frozen cheese tortellini’s
-1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese and parsley for topping if desired
1. Brown the sausage in a frying pan crumbling as you go.
2. Add cooked and crumbled sausage, tomatoes, broth, black beans and Italian seasoning to crockpot.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
4. Add the Tortellini and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Serve with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
DONE. See, I told you it was easy! Only 6 ingredients!
Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books says
Sounds delicious! =)
Sounds delicious, but I’d be taking this to another house and don’t want to fiddle with adding the tortellini when I’m there. If I do it all at home, then take it to the party, would the pasta then get overcooked in the crockpot?
I would make the pasta separately and toss it with water after cooking so it doesn’t stick to itself, then add it to the soup right before serving. Great Question Sue!
It’s in the crockpot right not but I added some spinach to it as well just to give a little something extra. Smells wonderful, can’t wait to try it!
Do you drain the tomatoes for this?
Tips From a Typical Mom says
NO, do not drain the tomatoes.