I wanted to put together an easy little activity for the kids to do when they got home from school, and I knew I needed to come up with an idea for this series I’m involved in (20 Days of Kid Made Ornaments) so the Gum Drop Snowflake was born!
What’s better than sticking toothpicks into a gumdrops? Nothing! The ideas are limitless for the kids. They made so many creative things with these. I just bought red and green gumdrops and gummy stars and let them create! I loved the “snowflakes” the kids came up with by cutting the toothpicks in half so they were a little more compact. Then my daughter made a long “icicle” by making it like you would a shishkabob.
My daughter made these to look like shining stars.
This geometric pattern was created by my son (this was a little to big to hand on the tree 🙂
A “Gingerbread” House
Shooting stars (they look a little unsafe, I agree!) 🙂
My 3 year old loved this project! He ate half of what he made.
Would you like to join in on the fun too?!
- Go to the landing page here, for this series that Melissa at Mama Miss is hosting.
- Just link up a KID-MADE ornament you’ve created with your kiddos (limited to 2 a day).
- Add this pretty little ornament shaped button below to your blog post, or your sidebar, or somewhere on your beautiful blog letting me know you are joining in on the fun too!!
- Label the ornament button: 20 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas: Ornaments
- Link the ornament button to: the landing page for this series.
Make sure to pop by these other fabulous bloggers too, that are participating in this series…
These are great ideas! Thank you!