This Smoked Sausage with Vegetables Dinner is one of my go to family dinners on a busy weeknight. I use southern style hash browns in place of potatoes so it cooks much faster. Your family will love this easy dish.
Smoked Sausage with Vegetables:
- 1 or 2- 13oz. package Hillshire Farms Beef Smoked Sausage or other brand and flavor you like. I use 2 because I am feeding 7 people.
- 16 oz southern style hash browns
- Half of a yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut in to bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by slicing the sausage into bite sized pieces on an angle. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. The skillet needs to be large enough to hold all of the ingredients.
2. Fry the sausage in the oil until heated through and browned slightly.
3. Remove the sausage from the skillet and add the onion, cook for about 3 minutes then add the hash browns and stir.
4. Cook, stirring often, until the hash browns are just about cooked through and browned. About 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the bell peppers to the potatoes and onions and cook for about 5 more minutes.
6. When the bell peppers are cooked to your liking and the hash browns are done, add back the sausage.
Serve hot with salt and pepper. Enjoy!