I LOVE Mexican food, if you can’t tell by the majority of my recipe posts. These Lime Chicken Tostada’s are something I’ve been making for a long time. They are kind of like a mix of Navajo Tacos and regular tacos. Your family will love them because they can top them with all their favorites and make them feel like they are little chefs.
Lime Chicken Tostada’s
- 4 chicken breasts boiled with salt and garlic powder, then shredded
- 4 limes or 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 small cans refried beans
- tostada shells (sold on the bread isle usually)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- pico de gallo, or salsa (make you own with onion, tomato, cilantro and a little bit of salt)
- sour cream
- avacado slices
- lime wedges
- Start by adding the lime juice, salt and cilantro to the shredded chicken and stir well. Set aside as you heat the refried beans in the microwave or stove top.
- Assemble the tostada’s as follows
Start with a shell:
Add refried beans:
Add pico de gallo:
Add sour cream:
Add avacado slices:
And you’re done! So easy, don’t you think?
You might ask “How do you eat them?”, well let me show you:
Just pick them up and try to not make too big of a mess 🙂
What are some of your favorite Mexican dishes?