“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias”
I’ve always wanted to go on a Mediterranean Cruise with my hubby. The problem is, I hate flying. So until I can muster up the courage to hop on an airplane and fly over there, this Hormel Pepperoni Mediterranean Pasta Dinner will have to tide me over for a while. I love the flavors of Mediterranean dishes. The flavors are bold and the dishes are colorful. Hormel is my favorite brand of pepperoni. My fridge is always stocked with it. I love snacking on it right from the package for a flavorful protein #PepItUp. Pepperoni is one of my favorite food groups 😉 Ha Ha!
It’s hard to find yummy Pepperoni Recipe Ideas besides pizza, so I decided to come up with one on my own. And I think it turned out magnificent! I really like bold flavors. If you don’t love them as much as I do, you can leave out the Dijon mustard and the Gorgonzola cheese.
I like to cut my pepperoni for this dish into fourths before cooking it.
These are the ingredients that you’ll need.
Hormel Pepperoni Mediterranean Pasta Dinner
- 1 pound spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 package Hormel Pepperoni cut into fourths
- 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (I like the sun-dried tomatoes that are jarred and packed in oil the best)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- ¾ cup sliced black or kalamata olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a smooth dressing. Add to a preheated large saute pan.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, basil, Italian Seasoning and olives. Tossing with the sauce until well coated.
- Add the pasta and toss until coated with the dressing and mixed well with the other ingredients.
- Add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheese right before serving.
Don’t forget to print this coupon and take it with you when you go to purchase your Hormel Peppoeroni. Save $1.00 on the purchase of any two (2) HORMEL® Pepperoni packages: http://www.hormel.com/Coupons.aspx