This recipe includes all my favorite words. Crock Pot. Chicken. Teriyaki.
I love how easy this recipe is and it’s made with a homemade sauce so it’s much better for you than a bottled sauce filled with preservatives. You can also replace the brown sugar with honey if you don’t want added sugar. This recipe is a kid pleaser too! My family gobbled it up.
Go ahead, make your life easier and us the crock pot today. It will make your house smell yummy too!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. chopped fresh ginger or 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Chopped scallions and sesame seeds for toppings.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of your slow cooker in a single layer. In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and black pepper until combined. Pour the mixture on top of the chicken breasts. Cover slow cooker, and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork. Remove the chicken and dice into bite sized pieces or shred with forks.Transfer the remaining teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker to a medium saucepan. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cold water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the crock pot, and stir to combine. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Serve topped with scallions (green onions) and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
What is your favorite thing to make in the crock pot?
Leave a Reply