Homemade ice cream is my all time favorite treat in the summer. Well, all year round actually! But making homemade ice cream can be a pain with all the ice and rock salt you need to keep an ice cream maker going. You have to constantly be babysitting it. So this has become my favorite ice cream recipe this year because it only requires 3 ingredients and you don’t need an ice cream maker! Amazing, right?
The only ingredients you need for this recipe are one package Oreo Cookies, one 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk and 1 pint heavy whipping cream.
1. Start off by whipping the cream with a whisk attachment until semi-stiff peaks form.
2. Slowly stir in the sweetened condensed milk and whip until creamy and smooth.
3. Crush the Oreos and stir them into the cream.
4. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight and enjoy!
It couldn’t be more simple. What a fun recipe to make with the kids.
The possibilities are endless. Add food coloring, extracts and different mix ins for a hundred different options.
I think next I’ll make Mint Chocolate Chip. Another all time favorite.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 package Oreo Cookies
- Whip the cream with a whisk attachment until semi-stiff peaks form.
- Slowly whisk in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Pour cream mixture into a freezer safe bowl with lid.
- Crush the Oreos by adding them to a gallon size zip top bag and roll a rolling pin over the top of them.
- Fold in the Oreos to the cream mixture.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours or overnight.
What flavor will you make?