I am a leader in my church over the girls ages 12-17 and each year we get to go to girls camp. These Omelets in a Bag are one of the girls favorite breakfasts when we are camping. I’m going to show you how to make these so you can make a fun breakfast or dinner for your family on a busy weeknight, or when you take your family camping.
My kids love building their own omelets in their bags. I let them choose what mix-in’s they use. But we usually include chopped onion, ham, green peppers and sometimes mushrooms. But you could add anything your heart desires! I’ve made a video tutorial to show you just how easy these are to make, then you can print the recipe below if you need it.
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- mix in's of your choice
- 1 quart size zip lock freezer bag
- Crack the eggs and add them to the bag. Add salt and pepper to taste then add your mix in's. We like to add chopped onion, green peppers, mushrooms, cheese, and ham.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and turn on high heat to boil water.
- Once the water is boiling, add the bag with the egg mixture in it. Keep it sealed closed.
- Cook, boiling, for 13 minutes or until center is done. Turning a few times while cooking.
- Enjoy with more cheese on top and hot sauce if desired.
What are some of your favorite camping foods?