“This post was sponsored by OSRAM SYLVANIA as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary merchandise to facilitate my review. All opinions are completely my own.”
As parents we want to keep our kids safe from harm so we take precautions like making them wear helmets, seat belts, and the occasional bubble wrap. But have you thought of your home safety? Have you thought about what a burglar sees when he looks at your home?
Today I’m going to share some safety tips that will help keep your home and family safe from harm if you can’t afford an alarm system. Or even if you have an alarm system for that matter.
1. Keep big muddy boots outside your door. I was watching a show a few years ago and they were interviewing reformed burglars. This was the one tip that stood out to me. Especially if you are a single mom or live alone, this one little trick can scare away the bad guy. If he thinks there is a big man living in the house he is less likely to target your home.
2. Get a dog. It’s proven that a barking dog can draw attention to the activity at your home and usually a burglar will pass on to the next home because they don’t like to deal with dogs.
4. Plant plants with thorns under vulnerable windows. This makes it really hard for the burglar to get to the window without hurting themselves. Just make sure if it’s a bedroom window, you have a thick blanket that can be thrown over the bushes so escape in a fire is possible.
5. Use Automatic Timed Lights. When the lights are on in your home, that tells the bad guys that someone is home. Especially if they see them turn on. I found these amazing new light bulbs that connect to a free app on my phone. The company is called OSRAM SYLVANIA and I was like a little kid on Christmas playing with these cool lights.
Not only can you set a time for them to turn on every night, LIGHTIFY smart connected lighting products allow users to set any mood or atmosphere by changing lighting both indoors or outdoors with ease. This is the wireless control used to connect your phone app to the Automatic Timed Lights.
You can choose how warm or cool the lighting is and with some bulbs you can even change the color to any color of the rainbow.
You can also control how bright or dim the lighting is. Here I have my light set to cool then warm. All controlled with my phone.
All controlled by an app on your phone with a slider to make the process super simple. They have different settings intended to energize you or help you calm down. Not only do they sell light bulbs, but they also sell light strips.
I used mine under my Kitchen cupboards to lighten up my counter tops so even the lights in my kitchen can be set to turn on at a specific time.
Before the light strip . . .
After the light strip . . .
Look at how cool these are! You can cut them to fit the space you are using them in. See the scissor symbol? You can cut right through it.
These lights can also change colors and dim.
I am in love with these lights.
And guess what? You can win some for yourself plus a $50 Amazon Gift Card! Enter to win below.
6. Park inside your garage. This may come as a surprise to you, but parking inside your garage can deter a burglar. If they are scoping out your house, they will be able to tell if you are home or not if you always park in the driveway. If they notice that you always park in the garage, then they would risk trying to break in when you are home.
Now time for the giveaway!! Enter to win your own set of LIGHTIFY products and a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Learn more about the LIGHTIFY products:
OSRAM SYLVANIA – LIGHTIFY Homepage
OSRAM SYLVANIA – LIGHTIFY Facebook
OSRAM SYLVANIA – LIGHTIFY Twitter
Check LIGHTIFY out on Amazon
Hopefully some of these tips help keep you and your family safe. What are some tips you have found that keep your home safe?
Jill @ Utah Sweet Savings says
I’m not kidding, I had a dream about an intruder just last night! It was so scary I can’t get it out of my mind. This post is very timely for me, ha ha! I love those lights in the kitchen. Very cool!
Thanks Jill! I am in love with these lights. I love the fact that they turn on automatically when I want them to. Last night they turned off automatically and I was like, “Well, that means it’s time for bed!” Ha Ha!
Jessica Williams says
Those lights you control with an App are AMAZING. Honestly. I bookmarked them- I need these!!
They are so cool Jessica! You’ll love them!
I would totally use these lights in my office area to light some display shelves that are in a darkened corner. Great ambient light for the computer space.
I love these! We travel a lot so it would be great to turn outside lights on and off rather than leave them on all weekend!
Sara Phillips says
I’d use my lightify products all over but I’d put the strip behind my headboard!!
Great idea Sara!
this would be awesome in my room!
I’d use them in the family room.
Our living room could definitely use an update! Really loving the sound of this product!
Gina M says
I would love to revamp the lighting in my family room! Everything is so dim and yellowish!
Thanks for the chance to win!
wildorchid985 at gmail dot com
I would like them in our family room.
Kelly D says
I would use these in our living room.
i would totally use this in my room!
I would definitely use this in the family room!
Lisa Brown says
I would like to LIGHTIFY my bedroom. Thanks for the chance 🙂
Betsy Barnes says
If I won, I would use the LIGHTIFY products in my living room 🙂
i would update the family room