Looking for a fun and easy breakfast that screams Fall? Well this is the one! Caramel Apple Crepes are the easiest and the yummiest breakfast you’ll make all season!
My daughter actually made these all on her own. She learned how to make them in her cooking class at school and she is so good at it. They aren’t perfect circles because she uses a griddle, but they are really simple to make and who cares what shape they are anyway, right?
She mixes the batter in the blender which also makes it much easier and it help make it a really smooth batter.
For the toppings all you need is Caramel Syrup, Canned Apple Pie Filling and Cool Whip. Now, I’m usually not the one to take a short cut. I’d rather caramelize my own apples and whip my own cream, but on the first day of school, I need it to be really easy. So I bought these things pre-made.
First let’s make the crepe batter.
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbl. butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- For the toppings:
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce or syrup
- whipped topping
- Place all the ingredients in the blender container inthe order given.
- Blend for 30 seconds on medium. Stop and scrape the sides of the blender. Blend for another 30 seconds or so until smooth.
- If you are using s griddle, pre-heat it to 350 degrees. If you are using a crepe maker or skillet heat it over medium heat.
- Spray the surface with non stick spray and pour a thin layer of batter on the pan. Cook thoroughly on one side then flip and cook on the other side.
Yields: 12-16 crepes.
To assemble the crepes:
- Scoop a small amount of warmed up apples down the center of a crepe. Roll up.
- Drizzle with warmed up caramel sauce or homemade caramel sauce.
- Dollop some whipped cream on the top and serve.