<div id=”mediavine-settings” data-blacklist-all=”1″ data-expires-at=”2016-11-20″></div>
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Amopé™. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have a love/hate relationship with my cute shoes. I really like to wear them. A lot. That’s why I bought them. Unlike clothes, they always fit just right. They are the punctuation mark at the end of my outfit. They complete me. But sometimes those little boogers are a pain. Literally. Have you ever found cute shoes that are comfortable? Neither have I. So today I’m sharing with you a few hacks I’ve learned throughout the years on how to make those cute shoes more comfortable.
- To avoid blisters, use baby powder in your shoe and mole skin. The mole skin gets stuck right to your foot where you would develop a blister from new shoes and saves your skin from the rubbing. It’s a live saver. I used mole skin as a ballet dancer in my point shoes. Trust me, it works.
- Have boots that are a little too tight on your calf? Rub some rubbing alcohol inside the cuff and put them on with tall socks for about 30 minutes. It will allow the boot to stretch to the right size.
- Need the toe stretched out? Put some water into a zip top bag and put it down in the toe. Now freeze the shoes overnight. As the water expands, it will slightly stretch out your shoe.
- Once your shoes are molded to your feet correctly, you need to do something about them having no support. That’s where insoles come in. I have been using insoles for quite a while. I have messed up feet from dancing my whole life so I need extra support in my shoes. I was so excited when I found out that Amopé had come out with their own insoles. I love their Pedi Perfect products and use them weekly to keep my feet smooth. You have no idea how many calluses I have from dancing and walking around with no shoes. It’s a lifesaver. So I trust Amopé to give me the best quality products.
- If you want to stretch them out while you’re wearing them, put some socks in the dryer until they are hot. Then put the socks on with the shoes. The heat will help stretch out the shoes more quickly. You can put on more than one pair of socks if you need them stretched out more.
- Use sandpaper to scuff up the bottom of your slippery shoes. This will save you from the embarrassment of falling in public. You’re welcome.
Let’s go more in depth about #4 for a minute. How many shoes do you have gathering dust in your closet because they don’t support your foot enough to wear them to work? These Amopé Gel Activ Insoles are a fashion secret that enables you to dust those shoes off and wear them again. And they are easy to find, because they are at your local Target!
Be sure to use the Cartwheel App and get 5% off your purchase of Amopé Gel Activ Insoles.
I love that there are a variety of different Amopé Gel Activ insoles to choose from depending on the type of shoe you wear. They have them for Everyday Heels, Extreme Heels, Flat Shoes (these are my favorite), and Open Shoes so they don’t poke out of your toe hole.
Amopé Gel Activ Insoles are made with super concentrated gel, and are 25% thinner than other insoles, so they fit in even the most slender shoes without crowding toes.
They have a sticky side that sticks to your shoe and doesn’t lose its track, but they can be removed from one shoe and put in another. They have support tailored to the pressure points created by different kinds of shoes that women wear. So if you are wearing extreme heels, there is extra padding at the ball of the foot and extra arch support. For flats there is extra cushioning on the heel and for open shoes they are made narrow so they are invisible. They’ve thought of everything. I think I’ll try the everyday heels inserts next for all those shoes I wear to church. How many pairs of shoes do you own verse how many do you actually wear? These insoles allow you to wear them ALL! #Amopé #ShoeLove