I have to admit that I’ve never had Mexican Street Corn on the Cob, but I’ve always wanted to try it. Especially since Nacho Libre is one of my favorite movies. They eat it a few times in that movie and I’ve always wondered what it tasted like.
Last night I made this Mexican Street Corn Salad and I got a taste of Mexico. I’m pretty sure this salad has a lot more flavor though because it has lime juice, feta cheese, jalapeno, and cilantro. You guys, it’s delicious!
I made chicken tacos last night and this salad was the perfect side dish. We even put the salad in the tacos and it made them even more delicious! So let’s get on with the recipe, shall we?
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Makes about six 1/2 cup servings.
- 24 ounces of frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for one minute. Add the corn to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise, and feta cheese to a medium bowl. Add the cooked corn and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.
You might also like these family-friendly Mexican inspired recipes to go along with this yummy side dish.
Enjoy dinner with the family tonight!
Leave a Reply