“This post was sponsored by Duracell as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.”
I always try to be so organized for Christmas. Every year I tell myself that I’m going to get everything done and out of the way so I can enjoy the time with my family. But I never really get everything done. The holiday season always sneaks up on me and before I know it all be running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
This year I hope to be different. I am making a million lists so nothing sneaks up on me. When you have kids like I do the season is even busier. There are school plays, visits to Santa, letters to write, family pictures to take, family Christmas cards to send out, gifts to buy, then more gifts to buy. Cooking, cleaning for guests, decorating, shoveling snow, . . . the list goes on and on.
Today I’m going to share with you 5 ideas I have to make the holiday season run more smoothly when you have kids. I hope some of these ideas will help keep you on the right track and help you remember the reason for the season.
AND today you will get the chance to win a $100 Toys “R” Us Gift card and Duracell Batteries! So be sure to get to the bottom of my post and enter to win! How nice would that be this holiday season?
1. Don’t forget the batteries! I know you’ve done this before. Your kids open their gifts on Christmas and you spend an hour getting it out of the box, and it doesn’t work . . . BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO BUY BATTERIES! Ugh. There’s nothing worse than trying to find a store that is open on Christmas morning and having to change out of your comfy PJ’s to get batteries. I always choose Duracell batteries because I know that they will give my kids hours and hours of play time with their new treasures.
Batteries bring Christmas to life. Luckily, Toys “R” Us has everyone covered as a one-stop-shop to pick up this years hottest toys and batteries. Whey you buy a toy that requires batteries, the cash register actually tells the cashier that you bought a toy that requires batteries. This way you’ll NEVER forget them. So so smart, Toys “R” Us. And what’s even better? The batteries are on sale at Toys “R” Us in November. And if you check out the Toys “R” Us circular found in most Sunday newspapers, you’ll see you can “buy one pack of Duracell batteries, get the 2nd 40% off”. That’s a great deal!
2. Get the BIG gifts first. You know your kids will want the hottest new toys this Holiday Season. So make sure you get those most important toys on your list first. You don’t want to risk them selling out of something your child really wants. This years hot toys are toys that I want for myself! FurReal Friends are some of those toys. Have you seen the FurReal friends Torch, My Blazin’ Dragon? Or the FurReal Friends Bootsie Pet?
They are the most adorable toys ever! My kids and I have had a chance to play with them and we are in love. Torch is the cutest thing! You can fill him with a little water and he blows out steam that’s lit with an orange light so it looks like he’s really breathing fire. He comes with a cut little marshmallow on a stick that changes color with the steam so it looks like he toasted a marshmallow for you. His cute little personality is amazing. He reacts to your touch and pretends to eat.
We are in love with this cute little guy, and you’re kids would adore him as a gift. You can find Torch and Bootsie at Toys “R” Us. Again, if you check out the Toys “R” Us circular in the Sunday paper, Torch, My Blazin’ Dragon, is also on sale for $59.99 ($79.99 MSRP) 11/6-11/12.
3. Buy a few family games. My kids love to spend time together. I know I’m a lucky mom. But I also know that a few days cooped up in our house because it’s a blizzard outside, really stirs up the sibling rivalry. Every year we buy a few family board games, puzzles, and electronic games the whole family can play together. This really brings fun into out home and helps the family bond. We really like the new Star Wars Monopoly Game, Simon Says Electronic Game, Pie Face, and Grandpa Beck’s Games. Especially those Grandpa Beck’s Card Games. We love those and even my 5 year old can join in the fun with those with a little help from mom.
4. Keep a running list as you shop. My husband is really concerned with making sure that Christmas is fair for all the kids. So we make sure the same amount of gifts are being given to each child. The only way to do that is to keep a running list. I just use a note taking app to keep that list with me at all times. This way I can see who needs one more stocking stuffer or gift before I’m done shopping. It’s a life saver. And because I have two teenage daughter, I can remember what shirt I bought for what daughter and there are no mix ups. As soon as I’m done shopping or while I’m in the store filling my cart up, I add to the list so I don’t forget anything, or even better, so that I don’t over spend.
5. Try to simplify. Each year I tell myself I’m going to simplify Christmas, and I do a little better at it each year. This year though, I’m trying out the concept of the kids only getting about 5 gifts each. Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read. AND, Santa only brings one gift per child in my house. ONE. And we don’t ask Santa for the biggest or most expensive gifts. We are not selfish. He has a whole sleigh full of toys to give to the whole world. We don’t need to add weight to his sleigh. My 5 year old is having a hard time with this one. He keeps on saying, “Mommy, Santa will just bring me all this stuff, you just have to get me one thing.” Uh, no son. We aren’t greedy. Ha ha!
Well, there you have it. My 5 tips on shopping for Christmas when you have kids. Did any of these tips help you out?
If you’d like to see more and watch Torch in action check out our video.
What are some of the things you do while getting ready for the holiday season?
Now on to the giveaway! Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as a part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central and must reside in the United States. Giveaway ends Monday, November 14, 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway