Online Christmas Shopping is all done and your packages are on their way just in time for Christmas. I’ve been hearing a lot of stories of people who have had packages stolen off their porches this holiday season. Now days you get sent notifications on your phone through apps and emails to tell you that packages are dropped off at your door step. And nothing is worse than coming home to find that the package is gone. Some horrible person helped themselves to it. It could really ruin your holiday. So today I’m sharing with you some tips to keep your packages safe after they are delivered.
1. Get a Smart Doorbell. We were sent a Ring Doorbell for review and I’m so impressed with it. With Ring, you’re always home! It connects to my phone through an app. Not only does it notify me when someone rings the doorbell, but because it has Smart Motion Detection it also notifies me when there is movement on my door step. Then I can turn on the wide angle HD camera and see who’s there. I can watch a package get delivered and the whole thing gets recorded on cloud recording and saved. If someone tries to steal my package I’ll see it happening and I can actually talk to them (or yell at them) through the doorbell, even when I’m not home.
I feel so safe with the Ring Smart Doorbell, especially when I’m at home. When someone rings the doorbell I can see who’s there and decide to open the door or not. If I don’t know who’s there, I can talk to them and tell them that I’m indisposed at the moment and can’t come to the door. Even when I’m not home. That way they think I’m home when I’m not. So it also protects all those packages under the tree inside my house too! You can wire it to an existing door bell or you can use it remotely.
2. Leave Delivery Directions. Did you know that most delivery drivers are happy to accommodate any special requests, like leaving the package on the back door step, or putting the package somewhere out of sight? If a thief can’t see a package there’s no reason for them to lurk.
3. Try Amazon Locker. Instead of delivering a package to your home or business address, you can select an Amazon Locker location and pick up your package at a time that’s convenient for you. Once your package is delivered to the Amazon Locker, you’ll receive an e-mail notification with a unique pickup code that includes the address and opening times for your selected Locker location.When you arrive to collect your package, enter your pickup code or scan the barcode using the barcode scanner and follow the instructions on the screen.
4. Deliver to Your Work. If you won’t be home on the day your package is supposed to be delivered, have the package delivered to your work instead of your home. Most delivery services deliver to business addresses during business hours. So check with your boss and make sure it’s OK with them, and never miss a package again!
5. Ask a Neighbor or Relative to Help. If you are lucky enough to have a nice and trustworthy neighbor or relative, call them and ask them to go and grab the package for you when it get’s delivered. After you see it has been delivered, through your smart doorbell, just call and tell them it’s there.
6. Use Signature Confirmation. When you have something expensive coming, make sure you protect it with signature confirmation. This makes sure that the package is delivered only to your hands. And if you are not home it doesn’t get left.
Keep those deals you snagged on Cyber Monday safe with these tips! Do you have any great ideas to keep your packages safe that I didn’t mention?