“This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.”
Congratulations on your pregnancy! It’s such an exciting time for you right now. I’m sure you have a flood of emotions sweeping over you right now. Excitement, joy, relief, but also fear of the unknown. Babies need so many things! How will you ever accumulate all those things in 9 months? Baby Registries, of course! Right now is a time to sit back, relax and think about the future while I help you decide which websites and stores you are going to register through for your new baby.
Don’t forget, I have an online store too! It’s called The Momma Shop and it’s filled with products that I recommend. I only sell products that I can stand by and that I know you will really use with your new baby. Check it out today!
Babies require so much stuff! It’s almost impossible for first time parents to purchase it all. That’s why we have baby showers to shower the new parents with gifts. Practical and not so practical gifts. From bottles to diapers, cribs to gliders, nothing is off limits to be added to your registry. You never know just how generous Aunt May will be, or which friends want to pool their money together to get you that amazing stroller you are in love with. You can add a range of items to your registry.
So, here are my recommendations of the best websites and stores to register for baby gifts to be sure everyone knows exactly what you want and need. The last thing you want to do when you are 9 months along is to be running from store to store, returning items from your baby shower that you don’t exactly love.
Best Websites and Stores to Register for a New Baby
First, why would you want to register for your baby on a website vs. a store? There are a lot of benefits to registering through websites. You can change your mind a million times about the color of swaddle blankets you want just by clicking a button from most devices. Most websites offer free returns.
You can read reviews about the items you want to purchase. You can sit at home in your comfy jammies and shop til your hearts content. Your family and friends that live far away and won’t be able to make it to your baby shower will have an easier time sending you a gift if it’s ordered online.
Let’s get started on your baby gift registry!
1. Amazon Baby Registry. HANDS DOWN Amazon is the best place to register online for your new baby. But, if you like shopping in a store and touching and feeling everything you buy, Amazon is not for you. But I think their benefits outweigh any drawbacks, here’s why . . .
- You can get items from all over the world from the best manufactures. It’s Earth’s biggest selection of goods.
- Free 90-day returns on almost everything.
- You can register and manage your registry from anywhere and from any device.
- Anyone can see your registry and with a click, send a gift directly to you.
- Amazon has the most competitive prices on the internet.
- Many of your friends and family already have Amazon Prime, so it makes sending you a gift easy peasy. BTW, if you don’t have Amazon Prime, I would highly suggest it.
- You can earn a Completion Discount. The completion discount is a one-time discount on select remaining items (shipped and sold by seller Amazon.com) from your registry and is available to redeem 60 days before your child’s arrival date. The discount can be used once for an order of up to $5000.00 USD!
- You can add items from ANY website to your Amazon Baby Registry if the item you want is not found on the Amazon website.
- You can buy EVERYTHING there. Everything linked here are my favorites. I used them with my 5 babies.
- Amazon sends a Thank You Card to everyone who purchases a gift for you from your registry! What a time saver for you!
2. Target Baby Registry. Who can resist all the stylish things that Target has to offer? If you are a fashionista or love to decorate your nursery with the trendiest things, Target is a great option. Also, you can go inside the store and touch and feel everything!
- You can create a registry online or in their store if you like to see things in person. Online has more options than the store does though. And if your friends and family are shopping at different Targets, they might not find what you want in their store.
- You can check out other registries to browse for inspiration, and the company also has a baby essential items list.
- Target gives you a complimentary package filled with coupons and other samples once your registry is filed.
- When your shower is eight weeks away, you and your guests can get a 15% off registry coupon completion discount and if they purchase $25+ shipping is free.
- Target’s return policy is amazing. You have up to one year for returns or exchanges. You can also get a 5% discount on other baby related items once you sign up for subscription savings.
3. Babies “R” Us Baby Registry. Babies R’ Us’ registry is a popular choice among mommies to be. I think it’s mainly because babies are their main focus and they carry a wide selection of items and brands that focus only on babies. Again, a great option if you want to head to the store and not shop online.
- You get $5 for every 125 points that you earn (125 is equivalent to $125). This applies even on the money that your guests spend on you! You have to sign up to become a rewards member to receive this benefit.
- As a rewards member you get special emails and coupons sent to you, so you can save even more money on the items that you need.
- If any of your items are not purchased, you qualify for a 10% completion discount.
- You have one year to return or exchange all registry items, hassle-free.
4. Pottery Barn for Kids. If you are looking for high quality items that will last through a few babies, Pottery Barn is the place for you. They carry the most beautiful items that are timeless.
- You can have bedding and pillows embroidered. This creates such a personal touch to any gift and your child will treasure it forever.
- Pottery Barn registries are usually more for bigger items like furniture, bedding, carriers, and customized gift items.
- One downside is that there really aren’t any discounts offered for registries either.
- Pottery Barn also has a completion program, so you get 10% off your left over items, up until six months after the birth of your baby.
- If you only find a few things that you love at Pottery Barn, you can add those to your Amazon list so you don’t have to set up an entire registry for one item!
5. Buy Buy Baby. Buy Buy Baby is very similar to Babies R’Us. This site is very helpful for first time mommies. They have a suggested shopping guide and articles on baby care right on the front page of the registry.
- You get a free gift just for signing up
- Buy Buy Baby also has a completion discount (10%), and will give you a $25 discount off of a $100 purchase if you refer friends or family to sign up for a registry too.
- You can register online or in the store.
- They have very helpful reviews for their products from moms and dads.
- You also receive complimentary cards to send out with your shower invitations so your guests can know where you registered.
- Buy Buy Baby makes it easy for your guests to send their purchases to you.
6. Baby List. This very unique “universal baby registry” service is free and permits you to register at any store (online or offline) to register for items and services—and automatically merges it all into one registry list. So kind of like the list at Amazon.
- Merge previously created registries into BabyList.
- You can add any registry list to this one list for an easy to use experience for you and your loved ones.
- 30 days before delivery you will receive 10% off discount registry completion codes for select stores on your registry list. See the list of discounted stores here!
Top 4 things to keep in mind while registering for your new baby.
1. Be sure to register for a wide range of prices. Your friends and family have different budgets so if you offer a wide range of items for them to purchase you will be helping them out. Not to mention yourself too! Because if there is something there that they can afford, they will buy that, instead of heading to the store and finding something different that you might not really like.
2. Add a note to each item on your list. If the web site you register through offers this, be sure to use it. If you would like a TON of diapers to get you through your first few days (ha ha, seriously though) then ask for a lot and tell them why.
3. Be sure to include gift certificates as an option for your guests. This way you can use those gift cards during the completion time of the registry.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for the big things. Friends and family will often pool their money together to help you out with a big purchase. Things like cribs, strollers, changing tables, bedding, breast pumps, car seats etc.
Congratulations again on your new bundle of joy! I’m so excited for you, and if I could reach through my computer I’d give you a big hug. I’m done having babies, I’ve had 5. But I can still remember vividly each time I learned that I was pregnant. I can feel the excitement in my tummy right now! (we say tummy when we are mommies)
Have fun creating your ultimate Baby Registry, and changing it a million times before your shower. We are women. We are allowed to change our minds, a lot.