Mississippi pot roast is a classic Southern dish that is slow-cooked in a flavorful mixture of beef, pepperoncini peppers, ranch dressing mix, and au jus gravy mix.
We made this recipe a few weeks ago and the whole family loved it. It’s so flavorful and the meat is very tender. You can’t go wrong with this comfort food! We served ours over mashed potatoes.
Here is my TikTok video explaining how to make this delicious meal.
- 1 (3-4 pound) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 packet beef stew mix
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1 jar pepperoncini peppers
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 – 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 – tomato sauce can of water (see video above)
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium-high with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear the roast on all sides.
- Once the roast is browned, remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Add the stick of butter to the hot pan and melt.
- Add the carrots and onions to the frying pan and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ranch dressing mix, beef stew mix, au jus gravy mix, tomato sauce, and water to the pot and stir until combined.
- Add the pepperoncini peppers and their juice to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the roast to your slow cooker and pour the vegetable gravy mixture over the top of the roast.
- Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or until the roast is tender and falls apart easily with a fork.
- Shred the roast with two forks and stir into the gravy well.
- Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Enjoy your delicious Mississippi pot roast!