This recipe is great for several reasons. Firstly, it’s incredibly flavorful. The kafta meatballs are made with a variety of herbs and spices, which give them a delicious and complex flavor. Meanwhile, the turmeric rice is fragrant and aromatic, with a subtle earthy flavor that pairs perfectly with the meatballs.
Secondly, this recipe is easy to make. While there are several ingredients involved, the process is straightforward and doesn’t require any complex techniques or equipment. This makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks or for those who are short on time.
Finally, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re serving it for a family dinner or for a dinner party with friends, everyone is sure to love the delicious flavors and textures of this dish.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to add to your dinner rotation, try out this recipe for kafta meatballs with turmeric rice. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and sure to impress your family and friends!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 cup medium-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients minus the olive oil and mix well using your hands or a large spoon.
- Form the mixture into meatballs, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until they are browned on all sides, but not cooked through yet. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside while you get the rice ready. Meatballs will finish cooking with the rice.
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and set aside.
- In a large pot, add olive oil and rice and cook on medium heat until the rice is covered in oil. (this can be done in the same pan as the meatballs after they are removed).
- Add the turmeric, garam masala and salt and stir until the rice is golden in color from the turmeric.
- Add the water and salt to combine.
- Bring to a boil, add the meatballs back to the rice, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Serve the kafta meatballs with turmeric rice and drizzle the yogurt sauce over the top. Eat with your favorite Naan or Pita bread and enjoy!