Chore Cards {Chore Flip Charts}

I have revised my cleaning cards and want you to have some too!  You can download yours HERE!  PLEASE share the love and pin this on Pinterest, be sure it links back to this page though.  I’d also love it if you shared it on facebook :)  Thanks!

I laminate these, punch a hole in the right corner, and use one of these (I don’t know what they are called!):

Or you could use a key ring to join them!
Use a 3M hook like this one:

And mount it inside a closet in the room where the cards belong.

These cards save you from having to get upset, and repeat yourself a million times about what needs to be done in each room.  The kids do what is on the cards in order, and it’s done!  I would suggest going over each card with all of your kids so they can watch how you do the job.  That way there is no confusion about how to do the job.  When your kids come and say “Mom, I’m done” you can say “Great Job, did you do everything on all the cards?” :)

I have included in the download a blank page for you to use for your kids bedrooms, office, hallways, car, outside chores, and what ever you need at your house.  There are also a few blank ones for each room to add what you need.  Just google the image you want to use, copy and paste it into the document.  I have also included a page called Extra Money Cards.  These have jobs on them that the kids can do to earn a little extra allowance.  Customize them to fit your needs on a blank page.  I used Photoshop to create these cards.

Enjoy!!

post signature

Comments

1. says

I am sooooo excited about these! Thanks for including pics too–keeps them interesting and helps out my kindergartener who is a new reader. I hate fussing at my kids all the time bc they missed a step. Why didn't I think of this before?? And love the blank ones too! Will be printing these today!

2. says

What a great way to make chores visual and make sure that everything gets done. <br /><br />When I was growing up, when I told my Mom I was done, she would always say, &quot;Great! Are you ready for me to inspect?&quot; I learned pretty quick that I needed to be completely done; she was not afraid to point out things that weren&#39;t done completely. But when we were done, she always told us,&

3. says

Annette, I found you through a pin on Pinterest (also corrected the link on my repin to take it straight to the blog post with the cards). I LOVE these!! I&#39;ve been wanting to do something like this for a while to help my kids clean more thoroughly!! Great Job!!! I&#39;ll be following you on Pinterest now for more of your great ideas!!

4. says

I am curious how you made your charts and added them to the post and to a document. I have some others I would like to make for my ADHD kids but not sure what method you used to actually make each frame.

5. says

@Ally… It&#39;s actually a complicated process through photoshop, but you can use the blank page to make your own. I think you can use other editing software to add pictures. I just used pictures I found on the internet and a text tool to fill in the boxes using Photoshop.

6. says

Thank you!!! I love these and am printing them now. Just right click the image, open it in a new tab, click on it to zoom and then File – print.<br />I am going to laminate them and put them on the ring for easy access.

7. says

Hi. I am a 36 year old single mom diagnosed recently with Inattentive ADHD. I have struggled with cleaning and organizing for as long as I can remember, and it frustrated me to no end that I couldn&#39;t seem to &#39;get it&#39; and clean like other ppl. What might take them a few hours to clean (if that much) takes me days….and it looks like I&#39;ve done absolutely nothing when I&#39;m so

8. says

@Shaneka Barbee. I would love to help you. Send me a message through my contact form (click on contact me a the top of the page) and I&#39;ll email you back. I don&#39;t like to just type my email address in a comment cause I don&#39;t want spammers to find it and use it. That way you can send me pictures of your room. Thanks!