“This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure document at the bottom of this page for more information.”
This cake is truly Crazy! It’s amazing how moist and dense it is. No Eggs, Butter or Milk are used, and you only have to use one pan. NO BOWLS! You mix the batter right in the pan it will bake in. My husbands dad used to make this recipe every Saturday, then on Sunday, they would crumble it up in bowls, pour milk over the top and eat it like cereal. You’ll make this Crazy Cake Recipe often once you realize how easy and good it really is!
Crazy Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 9×13″ baking pan.
Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients.
Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third.
If you need an allergy friendly chocolate “buttercream” frosting, check out my friends recipe from allergyawesomeness.com.
- 3 Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients.
- Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third.
- Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.