“I participated in a campaign for DOLE Fruit in Jars. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating. All opinions on this product are my own.”
I love tropical fruit. It makes me feel like I’m in Hawaii on vacation. Whenever I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, I love making this fresh, healthy Tropical Fruit Parfait for breakfast to lighten my mood. It’s so easy too with DOLE Fruit in Jars, no peeling or cutting up the fruit. Just open the jar and you’re ready to go.
I’ve really been trying hard this year to treat myself better. Positive affirmations, exercising, eating as clean as possible, no more soda pop (at all), and I’ve felt better every day. I’m going to share with you 5 days of Food and Fitness ideas that have made me feel better about myself.
- Monday: Kick off the week with a medicine ball workout. Instead of focusing on one muscle at a time, medicine ball exercises are a great way to work various muscles at the start of your week! Add a new vegetable to your diet. Find a recipe to use the new vegetable in and serve it to your whole family. Try a new workout too! Have you ever tried Zumba? Well if you like to dance, you’ll love this workout. It doesn’t even feel like you’re working out.
- Tuesday: Take a walk outside in the sun. Did you know that most people who are depressed benefit from extra sun exposure? Take a 20 minute walk outside without sunglasses. Your eyes soak up more vitamin D than your skin does and that helps with all sorts of ailments.
- Wednesday: Try a new machine at the gym. Rotating workouts keeps your muscles guessing and helps burn fat faster. Working out is a great way to stay fit but it is also important to maintain a healthy diet. Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up DOLE Fruit in Jars. Each container provides 5 delicious servings of all natural, fresh fruit. While at the store, grab a container of your favorite Greek yogurt and try a pairing to spruce up your fruit!
- Thursday: Multi-task – Just because you’re catching up on your favorite TV show doesn’t mean you can’t work out. Clear some space between the couch and TV so you can watch while you do push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, and squats.
- Friday: Take a walk again outside in the fresh air. You’ll feel so much better. At the end of the week, mark each day that you exercised with a star on your calendar. Reward yourself every time you get to 20 stars.
We use these Dole Fruit in Jars all the time! We use the tropical fruit when we make Kalua Pork and the Mandarin Oranges for lunches for the kids. I LOVE the way they taste. They are so much better than canned fruit. The tin cans seem to mess with the flavor. These Dole in Fruit Jars have thick juicy pieces of fruit in them. And they are packed full! I can use only two of them for my family of 7 when we serve them as a side. I also love the fact that they come with a lid so I can use what I want and close it up and put it in the fridge for later. I can even upcycle the jars for storing other things around the house. You can find these DOLE Fruit in Jars in the canned fruit isle in your grocery store.
For this breakfast parfait all you need is a jar of DOLE Tropical Fruit in Jars, one small container of vanilla greek yogurt and shredded coconut.
Start out by toasting the coconut. Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees. Spread the desired amount of coconut on a piece of tin foil.
Put it in the oven for about 3-5 minutes. Keep checking it often so it doesn’t burn. Remove when most of the coconut is browned.
Add a layer of fruit to the bottom of a glass. I used a mason jar.
Now add half of the Vanilla Greek Yogurt.
Then sprinkle some of the toasted coconut over that.
Repeat the process one more time, and you’re done!
You’ve got to try this parfait! It’s so good! It will sweep you away to a tropical island for a little while, and your kids will love it too!
This parfait would also be really good with Mandarin Oranges or Peach Slices, vanilla Greek Yogurt and granola on top.
Check out Dole on social media and visit their web site so you can see all the variety’s they offer in their jars.