“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central for GB. I received a gift card to purchase a GB stroller to both facilitate my review as well as thank me for my participation.”
Now that my son is a preschooler, potty trained and entirely independent, sometimes outings can be a challenge. You know what I mean if you are a mom to a preschooler. This age comes with it’s own challenges. This is when convenience comes in handy and the GB Zuzu Stroller is just that, convenient.
When we plan an outing with the family, there are things we make sure we take with us. Here is a list of things we never leave home with out.
1. Water for obvious reasons. I hate it when I don’t have any in the car and the kids are dying of thirst and I have to stop somewhere and buy them something.
2. A change of clothes for the preschooler. He is potty trained, but sometimes if we can’t find a bathroom on time, an accident can and will happen. I always take note of where the bathrooms are located when we arrive too, that way we can make a run for it if needed.
3. Snacks. For the same reasons for bringing water, you don’t want to have to stop and spend money at a fast food restaurant when he is “starving”. Snacks also keep him happy and occupied while we are shopping.
4. A compact, lightweight stroller. Even though a preschooler is very independent, they still get tired easily when walking for long distances. My son has his limit and then we either have to carry him or have a stroller for him to ride in. I’ve tried many strollers over the years with 5 kids, and I’ve had the opportunity to test the GB Zuzu stroller recently. I absolutely love this stroller.
It’s a perfect mix between a compact umbrella stroller and a more comfortable full sized stroller. It’s the easiest stroller I’ve had to set up and take down. Light enough to carry with one hand with it’s convenient handle. The brake is awesome too! Only one brake locks both back wheels. I love the seat belt and storage under the seat.
But my favorite feature is the padded seat and air flow canopy. You don’t get a padded seat and huge canopy on a cheap old umbrella stroller. There is a zipper in the canopy which allows air flow and allows you to see your child.
The foot rest also folds up to hold a Graco or Chicco infant seat securely. You never want to have to remove a sleeping infant from a car seat if you don’t have to. This stroller folds up smaller than an umbrella stroller too. Which makes it perfect for any kind of travel when you don’t want to take up too much cargo space.
I love the way it looks. Modern and trendy. I also LOVE that the handles to the stroller are high enough that I don’t feel like I’m bending over to push the stroller. The GB Zuzu Stroller is available exclusively at Babies “R” Us stores and online at BabiesRUs.com.
Check out GB on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And for more information on this stroller, visit the GB Website.
5. Activities. I know that it’s easy to hand a preschooler a phone and let them play games on it, but sometimes that can be hazardous. Take for example my niece. She let her kids play games on her iPhone while she was teaching a dance class and they racked up $600 worth of purchases on a game app. $600!!! Scary! So sometimes if you are driving and not in constant observation of the phone, it’s better to have coloring books and crayons for little hands to keep busy.
I hope some of these ideas help you and your family have a better experience with an outing with a preschooler. We love our preschooler and we love our new stroller!
What are some things you do when going out with your preschooler?
jen allyson says
If we’re going on a long car ride, I have an ipad pre-loaded up with movies, and its in a stand that can sit on the front armrest. So the kids can watch a movie and no one is holding the device to mess with it! Also my boys just love cheerios, and so if we’re going on a long ride, they each get a zip-lock baggie with cheerios in it. The bag full usually lasts a good 20-30 minutes, and they are pretty happy and full for the drive..
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing those Jen!
I’ve heard great things about this stroller–and I love how compactly it folds!
We LOVE our GB Zuzu stroller!
Kimberly @ Stuffed Suitcase says
Looks like such a comfy stroller! While I’m glad we’re past the stroller days, they sure are nice for hauling stuff around at theme parks & stuff! Now I’m trying to turn my kids into pack mules so I can have my hands and back free again. 🙂
I know Kimberly! There is a 6 year gap between my two youngest so I was not using a stroller for a while, I hated having to carry everything around!