“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.” #HeartYourSkin #CollectiveBias When I was younger, I didn’t take care of my skin like I should have. I have psoriasis which is an auto-immune disease, so I really didn’t like using lotions or sunblocks. I am glad that in my older age, I have learned to take care of my skin better and find lotions and sunblocks that didn’t irritate my sensitive skin. There are other I like to do to make sure my skin is the healthiest it can be and I’m going to share those tips with you now.
1. Wear Sunscreen. I have noticed how much more fresh my skin looks when I use sunblock regularly. I see people outside tanning all day long so they can have that super dark tan and I think to myself, they are going to hate that they did that when they get older. The sun reeks all kinds of havoc on your skin people! Wrinkles, sun spots and the worst of all, skin cancer. Why wouldn’t you wear sun screen?
2. Moisturize with vitamins and a repairing lotion. The lotion you use should nourish your skin and deliver vitamins and repair your skin. Now NO-AD has developed a new product that I just adore! You need to check out the amazing benefits these new NO-AD moisturizers provide. The new NO-AD Prevent & Repair Spray and Pump Lotion and the NO-AD Prevent & Brighten Spray Lotion and Pump Lotion are Anti-Aging formulas and benefit your whole body, not just your face. Have you ever thought about using a repairing product for your whole body? I think sometimes we forget about our “other” skin. We don’t want to look like a leather suitcase when we are old, do we? I use lotion every time I get out of the shower, and usually in the really dry spots before bed. You can try out these products at a local Wal-Mart demo. Click here to see if they are doing one in your location. You can even save $2.00 off any one (1) NO-AD Anti-Aging Body Moisturizer Pump Lotion or Spray Lotion. Click here to print your coupon. These new products are a multi-function beauty product, that have SPF protection to help in achieving beautiful skin. Packed with a premium blend of vitamins, antioxidants, and SPF 15 broad spectrum protection. The NO-AD Anti-Aging Body Moisturizers are located in the Skin Care Section at Wal-Mart.
Repair, brighten and protect your whole body 365 days a year.
3. Drink lots of water. The fact is that skin is an organ, and just like any other part of the body. your skin is made up of cells. And skin cells, like any other cell in the body, are made up of water. Without water, the organs will certainly not function properly or at their best. Your skin is a large filter for all the toxins you are putting in your body. Drinking about 8 – 8 oz. glasses of water a day will help make your skin glow.
4. Exfoliate. This is something I had to learn recently. I couldn’t figure out why my nose looked like it had skin piled up on top of itself. Yuck! My niece who is a professional make up artist told me I needed to exfoliate. See, I’ve never really had zits. I think it’s because of my psoriasis. So I didn’t learn these things when I was younger. Don’t judge. 🙂 Exfoliating helps improve your skin’s texture, helps you get a closer shave, fights signs of aging, helps prevent breakouts and even outs your skin tone. It also helps your moisturizers penetrate your skin better.
5. See a dermatologist. If you have skin problems that you can’t seem to treat yourself, please go and see a dermatologist. They can help you figure out what you can do to make it better. Especially if you think you have an odd mole. An hour out of your day is worth your skin’s health.
Now you’ve heard my 5 Steps to Beautiful Skin, what do you do to keep your skin healthy, glowing and beautiful?