Nothing bothers me more than when my kids say then need new shoes for school when they have perfectly good shoes in their closet. Sometimes all they need is a really good clean up. So today I’m teaching you how to wash tennis shoes in the washing machine. Hopefully it will save you some money this year while school shopping.
Washing your tennis shoes in the washing machine can give new life to your shoes and make them feel new again. I went to girls camp this summer and I couldn’t find my old tennis shoes to bring with, so I had to wear my new shoes, and they really did get dirty!
Yuck! I didn’t really want to wear them after that. Not only were they dirty, but they were stinky too, from the campfire. So I decided to whip out the Shout and give them a good squirt. I’d say that using Shout is the #1 factor on getting your shoes clean again. I tried to wash my daughters shoes without using Shout and they didn’t come out as clean.
1. Squirt the shoes with Shout. I really think the Shout Advanced Action Cleaning Gel works the best. If you have a spot that really looks like it might stain, squirt some Shout on it and scrub it with the soft side of the sponge to work the Shout into it.
2. Remove the laces and put them in a pillow case.
3. Set the washing machine to delicates and warm water. Start the washing machine and add a scoopful of soap to the running water.
4. Add at least 3 towels, the pillow case with your laces in it, then add your shoes and a few more towels on top.
5. Wash on a normal wash cycle.
Remove the shoes and the laces and them them air dry. Dry the towels in the dryer.
What is the most unusual thing you’ve washed in your washing machine?