“This post was sponsored by P&G as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.”
It’s summer and that means a trip to the pool at least a few days a week for us! If I’m not on top of things I’ll find myself under a mountain of wet, yucky, summer towels. So today I’m going to share with you some of my tips to keep those pool towels dry and smelling fresh use after use!
1. You need to designate ONE towel per person. Color code them if you have to like we did. We found these towels at our local super store and they had 7 different colors! Yahoo! This way we know who has or hasn’t taken care of their towel when we get home.
2. Have a designated place to hang the towels when you get home so the kids know right where to go when they get home from swimming. We hang a clothes line from pole to pole under our porch so the towels can dry fast outside in the hot air. If you don’t have a place to hang the towels outside, use pant hangers and hang the towels from one end in a coat closet or in the laundry room. We do this when it’s raining outside.
3. Use your towels a few times before washing them. Unless the towel fell into something dirty, or you used them at a lake, chances are, your towels are still clean. So do yourself a favor and just hang them to dry after each use, instead of laundering them every time. You’ll thank me later!
4. Keep your towels smelling fresh between washes by using Downy Unstopables. I headed to Costco at the beginning of the summer, looking for some laundry solutions for our pool towels.
P&G Household needs are available at Costco. That’s where I found Downy Unstopables! These little beads go directly into your washer to give a fresh scent boost to your towels that lasts for days! You will love this little detail when you are using your towels more than once.
I’m also really careful about what I clean my towels with. I like my towels to be really soft, but not so soft that they won’t absorb water, so I skip the in wash softener and use these beads instead. I also make sure I’m getting out all those dirt stains while still keeping the colors bright by using Tide Advanced Power in the washer.
Then I finish them off with a Bounce Dryer Sheet in the dryer to keep that static under control. Follow these steps for washing your towels and you’ll have soft, great smelling, and brightly colored towels all year long. Details matter!
5. If you use your towels at the beach or lake where there is sand or dirt, let them line dry first. Then shake off all the sand and dirt then wash them with Tide Advanced and Downy Unstopables to keep them smelling fresh.