“This post brought to you by Rug Doctor. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Tips From a Typical Mom.”
If you have kids, you know just how gross their mattresses can become in just a few days. Potty training is the worst on mattresses. Not to mention those teenagers that think they can break the rules by eating in bed.
Mattresses can be the dirtiest things in your home, and you and your family sleep on them every night. It’s one thing to just spot clean your mattresses, but they really do need a deep cleaning a few times a year.
Today I’m sharing with you how I deep clean my family’s mattresses. It’s really quite simple! I really don’t like to just use a rag and some cleaner because I feel like it takes too long for the mattresses to dry. I feel like that gives the mattress a lot of time to grow mildew. Yuck! So I head to my local grocery store and grab a few things.
2. Buy the Rug Doctor stain remover spray. I love the Spot & Stain remover because I can use this with the machine for a deep clean or I can use it on carpet, upholstery, mattresses or any other soft surface in between deep cleanings for those every day spills.
3. Take your Rug Doctor home and hook up the upholstery attachment. Fill the red tub with water.
4. Spray those stubborn spots with the Spot & Stain remover and let them sit for a few minutes to really penetrate the stain.
5. Spray the stain with a little bit of water and pull the upholstery attachment backward over the stain to suck up the cleaner and water. This allows the mattress to dry more quickly.
6. Now lightly spray the rest of the mattress and let it sit for a few minutes. Now spray a section of the mattress with the water from the upholstery attachment and suck up the excess water. Continue until the whole mattress is clean.
7. Repeat for the other side if your mattress can be flipped. If you clean both sides, lean the mattress up against a wall on an angel to allow for air flow so both sides can dry.
Enjoy a good nights sleep on your newly clean and refreshed mattress! I can feel good about using Rug Doctor cleaning products because the have been tested and proven safe for children and pets.
I love to use Rug Doctor products because I’m getting a great deep cleaning on my carpets and furniture at a fraction of the cost. I save over $200 on hiring a professional. When I’m cleaning my carpets, it usually only takes about 20 minutes too!
Did you know that the Deep Carpet Cleaner and Portable Spot Cleaner can be purchased to maintain your clean carpet and furniture? They can be purchased online at rugdoctor.com, amazon.com, or at other retailers. Or if you would like to rent one like I did you can find a rental location near you.