“This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.”
This recipe is so easy and makes your house smell good all day long. If you can’t tell by looking at my recipes, I kind of like soups and stews. This really is more like a White Chicken Chili or Stew because it’s a really thick soup.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
What you’ll need:
- 1- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans canenelli beans (White Kidney Beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 bag frozen corn or one can corn drained
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 fresh or frozen chicken breasts
- 1 envelope taco seasoning or 2 T of your own taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups water with 2 chicken bullion
- Sour Cream and Shredded Mexican Blend or Cheddar Cheese for garnish
- Chop the onion and add to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on top of onion
- Add beans and corn
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soup, taco seasoning, canned tomatoes and chilies and broth.
- Pour mixture over the stuff in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours (I recommend cooking on low)
- About a half an hour before serving, remove chicken and cube. Stir back into soup and cook for another 30 min.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream on top