“This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.”
New Years seems to me a “leftover” holiday. We are still recovering from all the Christmas parties and cleaning up the house from all the playing going on all week. We are not partiers in the traditional sense. We don’t drink alcohol or throw or attend crazy parties. So New Years Eve for us is more of a family celebration with the kids. We love to drink sparkling cider, egg nog and Hot Mint Malt. We also love to eat a variety of crackers, cheeses and fruit on New Years Eve. But it still seemed to me that New Years Eve needed something special. Something that we made specifically just for New Years Eve. That’s why I’m adding these Snowball OREO Cookie Balls to our New Years Traditions this year. They are perfect for New Years because they look like mini snow balls. My kids had fun helping me make these #OREOCookieBalls. They are so easy and fun to make.
OFFICIAL OREO COOKIE BALL RECIPE
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- optional for snow balls: replace semi-sweet chocolate with white chocolate and add sweetened shredded coconut
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills. **Optional: For our snowballs, after dipping in white chocolate, dip and roll in coconut.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
I headed over to Wal-Mart and grabbed my OREO’s. I already had the other ingredients at home. You’ll need one package of OREO’s (36 cookies), one package cream cheese, one bag white chocolate chips and one bag sweetened shredded coconut. Check out this coupon from Wal-Mart for 50¢ off a package of OREOs!
I called the kids into the kitchen and we went to work. They added all the OREO’s to the food processor and pulsed the cookies until they were just crumbs.
Then we added the cream cheese and turned the processor on to low speed until they were well combined.
Next we lined a baking sheet with wax paper, and shaped the mix into balls. We used a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper to help us make sure they were even.
Then we finished shaping them with our CLEAN hands.
We placed them on the wax paper lined baking sheet then froze them for 10 minutes so they were easier to handle in the white chocolate. This is very important!
Next we melted the white chocolate according to package directions and added the coconut to a bowl.
Then we dipped the OREO Cookie Balls in the white chocolate, then rolled them in the coconut. We placed them back on the wax paper and refrigerated them for 1 hour to let the chocolate harden and the OREO Cookie Balls firm up.
Done and Done! So easy and the kids had a lot of fun helping me out.
Enjoy your New Years Eve Party with these yummy and cute Snowball OREO Cookie Balls!
Happy New Year’s Everyone! And remember to get this coupon from Wal-Mart for 50¢ off a package of OREOs.