I’ve recently started using a Brita Water Bottle so I can remember to stay hydrated through out the day, and I’m so excited about it. I found it at Wal-Mart in the hardware department. It was hard to choose which one I like, but when I saw the purple one, I had to have it. I want to share why I’ve started using a filtering water bottle instead of bottled or tap water.
Why am I concerned about hydrating?
I’m always running out the door to get the kids to all the many different places they need to be. I am always taking better care of them then I am of myself, which is a normal thing for most moms. Around 4 PM I realize that I’ve only eaten a bite of breakfast and have not had one drink of water. I bet if they tried to take my blood, none would come out because I am sure I’m dehydrated. I get headaches and I get really tired and worn out at the end of the day and I know that it has a lot to do with my not drinking enough water.
Using my Brita Water Bottle has made hydrating so much easier. Here are my tips for staying hydrated on the go:
- Buy a Brita Water Bottle which includes a filter. Buy a water bottle that you like. If you want to, you can decorate them and make them custom by sticking vinyl stickers on them. If you have a Cricut, that would be simple, if not, find a friend with a Cricut and ask them to help you.
- Because it has a filter,you can feel good about filling up anywhere. You can fill it up from any tap or drinking fountain. The filters are replaceable so you can continually have fresh water.
- Fill it with water in the morning and make sure you drink at least two of them each day.
- At night, clean it and set it beside the sink so you will remember to use it again. Don’t put it in the cupboard. That way it’s in your line of sight in the morning.
- Ask your kids to remind you to drink water and keep you accountable.
Now that it’s summer, I will need to hydrate even more than normal. We will be heading to the pool, softball games, parks, splash pads and the lake. I think I’m going to run back to Wal-Mart and grab some of the twin packs so each one of my family members can have a Brita Water Bottle to bring on our adventures too.
I will be bringing my Brita with me to the pool along with my sunglasses, sunblock, beach towel, flip flops, and a book to read as the kids play.
I used to keep bottled water in my car and I used those when I went to the gym. But recently I’ve realized that I shouldn’t be spending money on those when I have water bottles at home. So I was filling up my bottles with tap water and soon realized how gross that water was.
Did you know?
- Pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals are found in most municipal water sources and even in well and other sources due to agricultural run-off and contamination. Research links certain chemicals to damage in the reproductive system, liver, kidneys and more.
- Heavy Metals like lead and mercury are found in some water sources and have been linked to any health problems.
- Fluoride is purposefully added to the water and there is much debate about the benefits/harm of this.
I don’t know about you but I don’t feel like drinking all those chemicals each time I want to drink some water. There are also drawbacks to drinking bottled water too!
- Chemicals from the plastic bottle can leech into the water
- Usually the water itself is no different than tap water
- Bottled water usually costs more that drinking tap water
- Water bottles are a major source of consumer waste each year
I’m so happy to have found these Brita Water Bottle. I feel good about using it instead of bottled water since I’m not sending a bunch of plastic bottles to the dump. But most of all, I’m glad to know that I’m drinking clean water that has all the chemicals removed from the Brita filter.
You can go and get your family Brita Water Bottles at Wal-Mart in the Hardware Department.
Check out Brita on Social Media:
- Pinterest: https://goo.gl/ZDNvFR
- Facebook: https://goo.gl/ajyq7D
- Instagram: https://goo.gl/y1eAsP
- Twitter: https://goo.gl/nfgynZ