“I participated in a Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for OshKosh B’Gosh. I received an OshKosh B’Gosh gift card to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
Summer is sneaking up on us. Do you have a plan for the kids this summer? Play dates, trips, park hops, and outdoor activities? I know from past experience that if you don’t have things planned for the kids, you all will go crazy! The kids are used to having their whole day planned because of school, and they still need structure at home during the summer. So today I’m going to give you some ideas for planning those long summer days.
First off, let’s make sure the kids are ready to get outside and play by getting them some active clothing. I headed to OshKosh B’gosh and got some great active summer clothes for my boys. I love OshKosh B’gosh clothing because they last long enough to last through 3 boys. My 4 year old is wearing hand me downs that were my 16 year olds when he was his age. And those clothes were also worn by my middle son too! Now that’s an accomplishment!
Active clothing should be much more than functional, it should be fashionable and work for every day of the week. OshKosh B’gosh has all the must have styles and active wear for summer for your kids.
OshKosh B’gosh has great fashion but even better, it has the best deals! You can shop there for all your kids all at one time because they carry boys and girls clothing sizes 0-12. Visit this site to find out if you have a store near you. And be sure to print this coupon before you head out so you can save even more!
So now that we have the kids ready for outside play, let’s talk about some fun activities we can do with them out there.
Let’s start with a fun “Spray Paint” modern art activity to do with the kids.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- White posterboard
- Different colored tempera paint
- 4 spray bottles
- Masking tape or painters tape
Squeeze about two tablespoons of paint into one spray bottle.
Add 1/4 cup of water. Screw on the cap and give a shake to mix the paint. Do the same with the other paint colors and remaining spray bottles.
Now take everything outside and start creating! Give your child the masking tape and have them tear off different lengths to create a modern art shape on the white poster board.
Working on a grassy area have your child the spray the poster, taking a turns with each color.
When they are finished spraying, let dry completely before carefully peeling away the tape. Work slowly so the tape doesn’t rip the paper.
Let your child display the art in your home.
Here are a few more great ideas for those long Summer Days:
When the Summer days are too hot to go out and play, send the kids outside at night to play night games. Check out my post with Night Game Ideas.
Head out to the shade and fill some cups with water and bring out some old paintbrushes for the kids to create disappearing artwork on the sidewalks.
Here are some more great and simple ideas for those long summer days:
- Go Park Hopping and try a new park the same day each week with a bunch of other families.
- Go an a picnic with the kids at a State Park or Historical Site in your City and learn more about it.
- Bake cookies and make ice cream sandwiches out of them.
- Go for a photography walk and take pictures of things of a certain color for a Color Scavenger Hunt and print a collage for your kids rooms.
- On a really hot day make forts in the house.
- Have a water balloon fight or play water balloon volleyball with towels.
- Make a sidewalk chalk collage on the driveway.
- Make a recycled bird feeder.
- Pick wildflowers and make leis out of them.
- Make homemade Popsicles.
- Run through the sprinklers.
- Have a watergun fight.
- Visit local museums.
- Borrow books from the library and find out what summer activities the library has.
- Have an outdoor night party with a tent set up and bring the TV out for a movie in the tent.
- Make S’Mores
- Have a BBQ and invite another family.
- Get out all the kids craft supplies you have and let the kids create something without direction.
- Make an obstacle course outside with things from the garage and time yourselves to see who can do it the fastest.
- Make homemade ice cream in a bag.
I hope you guys have a great summer filled with lots of outdoor activities with your whole family having fun together! What summer activities do you like to do with your family?