I have to admit, Halloween is not my favorite Holiday. There are many reasons why I don’t like the holiday, including too much candy for my kids to eat and me to steal, but coming up with a costume for each of my 5 kids is a feat all on it’s own. My kids change their minds about what they want to be at the last minute every year. So I get really frustrated! This year is going to be different. I’m teaming up with Spirit Halloween as a sponsor this year and they are going to help me like Halloween again!
They sent me a box of odds and ends that could be made into a few different costumes. We got some cute stuff! Take a look:
We got a purple wig, cool flower headbands, face tattoos, Batman accessories and masks, a bow and arrow, a tutu, and aviator glasses.
We can come up with a lot of fun things with this box of goodies.
I asked my kids what they wanted to be for Halloween and they all told me. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to find the things they needed to be what they wanted. I know for sure that if I went to any of the big chain stores, they wouldn’t have most of the things my kids wanted to be this year. I’m so glad I went to Spirit Halloween. They literally had everything on my list including these Spiderman Sunglasses that we just HAD to have!
Boy #1 wanted to be a “slenderman”, what ever that is!
Girl #1 wanted to be “Where’s Waldo”
Girl #2 wanted to be “Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee” with her friend
Boy #2 wanted to be a skeleton
Boy #3 wanted to be “Spiderman”
I couldn’t believe how many things this store has. It really does have anything you’ll need for Halloween.
- Colored Hair Spray
- Scary Masks
- Every character you can think of
- Adult costumes and t-shirts that can be worn as a costume (that’s more my style)
- Face paint and tattoos
- Baby and toddler costumes
- Kids costumes
- Decorations for your home
I mean, everything you need for Halloween. Don’t even waste your time at any other store when shopping for Halloween. Save yourself the headache and just go to Spirit Halloween the first time.
They had a whole section dedicated to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Frozen costumes are not in short supply at Spirit Halloween!
So many girl and boy costumes to choose from!
Here are some other tips I have for preparing for Halloween:
- Check sales at grocery stores often for sales on candy, then snatch them up!
- Talk to your kids about their costume and let them know that once they decide, they aren’t allowed to change their mind after Oct. 16th (that’s when the return date expires at Spirit Halloween) 🙂
- Make a plan for trick or treating. Decide where you’re going to go and let the kids know. That way if you get separated from the older ones, you’ll know where they are.
- Buy ahead of time! You don’t want to be running to the store the night before Halloween looking for that one thing you forgot. Get everything bought before it gets picked over.
- Have your kids try on their costumes when you buy them. That way if something doesn’t fit or there is a hole in the costume, you can take care of it right away.
- Make sure your kids know that they can’t wear their costume outside or while they are eating until Halloween. This way the costume stays nice and clean. They can wear it all they want after Halloween.
- Grab a bunch of glow sticks or blinkly lights for the kids to keep them safe.
- Learn how to take pictures in low light so you aren’t fumbling around with your camera all night.
- Print this “Boo Hoo, We’re Out of Candy” sign for your door so you can stick it up when you are done.
- If you are going to throw a Halloween Party, buy the decorations and party supplies while your getting your costumes. You can print these cute favor bags for free!
What are some of your tips for preparing for Halloween?
Make sure to check back so you can see my kids costume reveals next week!
Here are some other Halloween ideas you might like: