Well, Hi there! How has your vacation been? I feel like I’m coming back to life after this long break and I can’t wait for things to go back to normal.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas break. I am just a “let’s keep things the way they are” type of person. Change isn’t my friend. So when the kids are home the whole day for a few weeks, it kind of throws me off.
I’ve been reflecting on this past year and 2013 was actually a little stressful for me. My husband had 3 different jobs, we moved away from our home of 8 years along with all the great friends we had there. We moved closer to family which has been a blessing, but has it’s own challenges for me (My family is a little dramatic).
BUT, I only have blessings to count after this year now that everything seems to be back to normal. So many blessings of a normal life. Really. Normal is a blessing.
Things I’m grateful for as a result of 2013:
1. Everyone in the family is healthy
2. Everyone in the family is healthy (yes this definitely counts as two blessings)
3. I have a great relationship with my kids and husband
4. I have a great relationship with Heavenly Father because I’ve been “Armoring Up” in the mornings (Armoring up means that I’ve said my morning prayers and read scriptures)
5. We have a warm and roomy home
6. We have reliable cars that are paid off
7. We live close to family and can develop better relationships with them
8. My husband has a job
9. My husband has a job (again, counts as two people!)
10. One of my recipes on this blog went “mini” viral and helped me see the potential my blog has
11. I am a member of some great blogging groups with very supportive people
12. My DSLR camera is still working, even though it’s SO old
13. I have great clients from my photography business that keep me busy
14. I have a great job teaching preschool
Now on to my favorite posts of 2013. I hope you enjoyed them. I really basically do this blog for free. I think I make about $0.01 an hour for as many hours as I spend planning, carrying out, picture taking, editing and posting. Seriously. But I just love doing it and I love sharing new ideas with you!